5.18.2010

Popbar

Holy popsicle, Batman. Have you ever seen such beautiful popsicles in your entire life?? Me neither. You may have guessed already, but these cold treats from Popbar in NYC aren't any ordinary chin covering, corn syrup laden popsicles. Nope. These babies are made out of frozen gelato and sorbetto! While the ingredients are imported from Italy, all popsicles are made with real fruit and hormone-free milk at the store, and each and every one is Kosher certified, gluten free (except for the toppings, which may or may not contain gluten), and preservative free. Here's how it works: pick your flavor, dip in chocolate (dark, white, or milk), and add toppings (Almonds, Hazelnuts, Pistachios, Shredded Coconut, Coffee Grains, Granola, Biscotti, Brownie Chunks.) You get to mix and match flavors and toppings from among 25 rotating flavors. I don't know about you, but that pistachio PopGelato has my name written all over it!


Oh, and for those of you who think this all sounds vaguely familiar, Popbar is the American version of the Stick House chain in Italy. Click here for more info.

5 comments:

Katie Green said...

Amazing! Thanks for that! I'm visiting New York in August when it will definitely be hot enough to spend all my pennies on fancy popsicles....

shaz said...

These look amazing and yet so adorable. I wish I could try one. And by the way, that Heaven and Hell cake looks soooo good - going to have to test that one out soon.

Carolyn Jung said...

I love the concept! Man, this makes me want to book a flight to NY right now. All for ice pops. How crazy is that? ;)

Justin said...

funny, i just wrote about this place today too. i love it.

dessert girl said...

Katie: Oh, you're a lucky duck! Have one for me! :-)

Carolyn: Not crazy at all! I had the same thought myself.

Justin: Ha! That is funny. I guess the Popbar craze has begun!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...