4.21.2013

Tim Walker Photographs


I don’t think Tim Walker has every taken a picture that I didn’t love. I am a huge fan. I don’t know why it never occurred to me to do a post on him before. I suppose I didn’t think of him as being a “dessert” artist. Then one day I realized that sweets do pop up in his photographs, quite often.

Walker, whose work was first published in British Vogue in 1996, is a fashion photographer unlike any other. Combining both whimsy and shadow, he is able to turn an ordinary fashion shoot into a magical fantasyland that is singularly, gloriously, all his own. It is make believe without any feeling of artifice. You believe in his creation and you want to go there.








You can find more info on Tim’s photography in his books Tim Walker Pictures and Tim Walker: Story Teller. You can also view more of his dreamy photos, as well as his short films, via his website. ~Erin

2 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I love that last picture and the chandelier! He sounds like he has a huge sense of fun :)

myrtle said...

WoW! Absolutely luscious photos.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...