11.14.2008

Baked in Brooklyn

It seems like everyone is talking about Baked these days. There is the hip bakery, the new cookbook, and the interesting flavor combinations. I admit it, I've bought into the hype! I just received my copy of Baked: New Frontiers in Baking and I'm awfully excited to start trying out the recipes, especially the sweet and salty cake and the green tea smoothie. But here's one thing that you may not know about Brooklyn's latest culinary hunks: they don't only sell delicious brownies and mouth-watering cakes at their shop, but they also have the cutest little bird mug for sale AND it's available online, too! Want to check out their goods and dream about marrying them? Click here to view the Baked Web site and dream away. :-) If you're interested in making their Sweet & Salty Cake for yourself, you can click here for the complete recipe.

12 comments:

Chocolate Shavings said...

The cake looks great. I just got their book and absolutely love. I recently made their banana chocolate muffins

http://ourchocolateshavings.blogspot.com/2008/11/double-chocolate-banana-espresso.html

and they were delicious. Now you're making me want that mug!

Dana Treat said...

Awesome job on that cake! I also just got that cookbook and made the pumpkin whoopie pies. How did you get the frosting to look so gorgeous??

dessert girl said...

Ha ha. I guess I need to be make it clear that the pic is actually from their Web site. I'm not the best food photographer, which I think is an art form onto itself, so I usually just pull the pic from the Web site. It looks better that way! :-)

Anonymous said...

I have made the cake before and it is sooooooo good! I always have trouble with the frosting, I don't think I let it cool long enough or something. One word of warning, Martha's website had the wrong bakingtime at one point. It said bake for 20 minutes or something like that, but it should bake for 40 or so. It takes a while to make this cake, but it is so worth it!

Unknown said...

That sounds, and looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

You're right, that's the second time today I've heard about Baked! Now I'm very intrigued. Your cake looks absolutely incredible!

Sweet Bird said...

I've never heard of Baked before, but I want to put that cake in my tummy.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE this cookbook. Made the root beer bundt cake, and it was the moistest cake I've had in ages. Tomorrow, I make the oatmeal-cherry cookies. Mmmm!

Anonymous said...

wow, this is the first time I've come across someone say out loud that salt is the perfect acompaniment to sugar.I'm going to try making this cake
for the taste mixers. Without them, the world would be a bland place. I've heard of Baked before, and they seem to be leading in interesting taste-mixing for now

Anonymous said...

*'yay' for the taste-mixers

dessert girl said...

Just a few notes on the sweet & salty cake. It does take a really long time to make it, but it was worth it! I was told that it was the best cake I ever made. Oh, you also need to add one teaspoon of salt betweeen each layer. I just noticed that the Martha version is missing that step.

Y said...

Mmm that cake looks so good! And salted caramel flavoured to boot!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...