4.19.2010

Inspiration Board: Typography

Font love started, for most people, back in 2007, with the release of the awesome documentary Helvetica. Who knew that a movie about a font could be so interesting?? Well, it was and typography is finally making it's way into the dessert world. Woo hoo! I especially love the font recipes featured in Sweet Treats - A Typographical Cookbook ($20) by Woodward Design (see below). The first time I caught a glimpse of it, I was instantly hooked. So many creative possibilities! If you're a fan of typography, it's definitely worth a browse. Check out the photos below for more fun ways to work typography into your desserts. {image above: Helvetica Cake}

Sweet Treats - A Typographical Cookbook ($20) by Woodward Design. Slab Serif Black Forest Cake.


Sweet Treats - A Typographical Cookbook ($20) by Woodward Design. Toothsome Typeface Tart.


Helvetica cookie cutters by Beverly Hsu


Nice Cake by Love to Cake


Scrabble Cookies by Peas Love Carrots

5 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I do have a love of typography and fonts-I get excited whenever I find a new font that I like. I must try and get a hold of the Helvetica doco too! Thanks! :)

shaz said...

Awesome, just awesome. I remember stumbling across that doco one evening and just sitting glued to it. Although, have you seen those "Death to Helvetica" T-shirts? I think they're pretty funny too. All these edible typography is just inspired though...

Joanne said...

This cookbook sounds awesome! Goodies like this make for such a great presentation. I really love reading about typography and love it in books when the author says why they chose a specific font.

dessert girl said...

Shaz: Yeah, the whole Helvetica obsession is a bit overdone, BUT I still think it's a really great font. :-)

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Great fonts! I love your work!

Cheers,

Rosa

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...