8.09.2010

Inspiration Board: Plaid


Okay, I know that it's a little out of season to be talking about plaid, but I love these plaid desserts too much to wait until Fall! Besides, today I feel like breaking the rules! Just think of this as a Fall 2010 preview! I love all of these designs, but I have to say that the pink plaid cakes is my favorite one in the bunch! Very cute! Check out all the plaid dessert below to find your favorite. [Above: Chocolate Plaid Pear Cookies with Gold Leaves by Diane Drake]


Pattern Cookie Rounds: Plaid by Whipped Bakeshop


Plaid cupcakes: Cookies and Cream by Happy Little Cupcakes


Plaid Birthday Cake by dancerina


Isaac Mizrahi 8" Tartan Plaid Cheesecake by Junior's ($44)

16 comments:

shaz said...

They all look fantastic. And I had never considered plaid as a decorating option before. Shows how un-fashionable I am :)

Unknown said...

I made plaid cupcakes awhile back and these are amazing!

Carolyn Jung said...

I'm not always the biggest fan of plaid in clothing. You've just shown me I might prefer eating my plaid instead. LOL

MB said...

The pear cookies are so cute! Although, cute things never taste as good as they look. Plaid cake is a good option for those of us who are decoratively challenged.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Those pear plaid ones are SO gorgeous!! :o

Islandia Lane said...

first time to your blog - these are awesome!
I so want a plaid B'day cake now! What a great find.

dessert girl said...

Thanks, Islandia, and Welcome! :-)

Médaille gourmande said...

Oh my god, i Looooooove it! the first picture is awesome!

Unknown said...

Those decorations are fantastic! I never would have thought of doing that. Have you put the pictures on Fiddme yet?

thedaintyvegetarian said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE this inspiration! And what a great site!

pigpigscorner said...

So pretty!

Anonymous said...

Carnegie Mellon makes plaid cookies to show their Tartan spirit. Admittedly, these are a lot prettier though. The pear one is gorgeous!

Joyce said...

OMG! I love plaid. My clothes, bags, scarves are all plaid. You name it, and i'll probably have it in plaid but I never even thought to decorate with this pattern. Awesome idea!

Anonymous said...

Nice plaid decor.

Jen said...

Very cute!

dessert girl said...

Ally: Nope, this is the first that I'm hearing of Fiddme. I'll have to check it out!

Leslie: Thanks for the blog love! :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...