5.21.2011

Maggie Austin Cake


I am totally smitten with Maggie Austin Cake (Washington DC). In fact, I’ve been collecting photographs of Maggie’s cakes for a while now and only recently realized that the gorgeous cakes that I had been ogling over all these months had all been created by the same person! She definitely has some of the most beautiful and creative cakes around. I’m especially fond of her stained glass series of cakes and cookies, but her cakes with the delicate paperlike detailing run a close second! They actually remind me a bit of filo pastry. I’ve chosen some of my favorites above and below, but you can check out more of her wonderful designs on her Web site,  right here.

5 comments:

Katie Yoon said...

I love her cakes,too! Her cakes are very unique and elegant.

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Theya re just amazing! My favourite just has to be the first stained glass one though! :D

Golubka said...

These are so so beautiful! I'm so glad I found your blog, there's much inspiration here.

dessert girl said...

Thanks, Golubka!

Alicia said...

Wow! I'm speechless I've never seen cakes like that! Apparently I need to take a trip to DC!! I too am very excited I found your blog!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...