2.24.2012

Tjalf Sparnaay


When I first laid eyes on these colorful oil paintings by Dutch artist Tjalf Sparnaay, I was instantly struck by their unusual beauty. Working in the hyperrealistic style, Sparnaay takes mundane objects and recreates them in a manner that is on one hand realistic, but on the other hand, not. It is reality with a little extra something special. He is not simply reproducing the food that we eat, but recreating it, adding humor and emotion to everyday objects. I’m partial to the dessert pieces, of course, but there is much more to see on his website. Click here to check it out!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow ! What amazing paintings: great reality and wonderful colors...thank you for sharing this I'll go check the website :), Cheers

Carolyn Jung said...

I can't believe those are paintings. They look so life-like. I'd love to have these on my walls at home. It would make any room look like a candy shop.

Ray for En Route said...

I dunno how I stumbled upon this post... but wow! those are amazing paintings! Photorealistic it is :D !

Islandgirl97 said...

this paintings are totally fab,you have a special gift .They are so realistic. oxox :D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...