1.19.2013

Isabelle Chapuis Photography


I recently came across these quirky fashion photographs by French artist Isabelle Chapuis and instantly fell in love with them. Now, after seeing this new series by Chapuis, titled Barbapapa, I can officially call myself a fan.  The collection, which features a young model wearing cotton candy in all sorts of fashionable ways, is at once dark and humorous. The clothes, lighting, and expressions of the model are tough and moody, but the sugary pink confections brings with it the sense of silly fun. It is the juxtaposition of the hard and the soft that really makes these images special.







The Barbapapa photographs are currently on display at the Bibliothèque Nationale de France in Paris until February 17th, 2013. Personally,  I can’t wait to see more of Isabelle’s work in the future, but, until then, I’ll be enjoying these beautiful images, and the playfulness they inspire. You can check out more of Isabelle’s photographs via her website, right here. ~Erin

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This kid is my cousin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...