5.18.2013

Prada Candy



Oh, how do I love Wes Anderson, let me count the ways. Oh, how do I love Prada, let me count some more. Wes Anderson + Prada? Be still my heart! Yes, it's true, Wes Anderson and collaborator  Roman Coopola have co-directed three short films for Prada's new fragrance titled Candy. The films, which run just over a minute long, take place in Paris and are are filled with Anderson's trademark quirky coolness. French model and actress Léa Seydoux stars as the title character, Candy, a young woman torn between the love of two men, Julius and Gene (who frankly look like twins). I couldn't help thinking of Francois Truffaut's 1952 film Jules et Jim while watching it and Sydoux actually mentions that film in the behind the scenes footage. Whatever the inspiration, Anderson and Coopola have given us some seriously fun eye candy (no pun intended). The films are delightful and utterly French. There's also plenty of dessert action, including a birthday celebration and a scene in a cafe. Oh, yes, and then there's the fragrance itself, which is described as "sweetly addictive," a mix of winter musk, benzoin, and caramel. Check out Prada's website for more info. ~Erin




4 comments:

Carolyn Jung said...

I'm with you on that. I love candy. I love Prada. The two together can't be beat. ;)

Carmen said...

Love it!

Serena said...

It's more "the dreamers" than "jules et jim" really, even the apartment looks the same...

dessert girl said...

Hi, Serena, I haven't seen The Dreamers, but from the description I read, it does similar. You may be right! :-) ~Erin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...