9.02.2013

Matt's - The Chocolate Shop


Okay, let’s talk about minimalism for a second. I’ve always had a soft spot in my heart for minimalism. I am not a tchotchke kind of gal. That said, minimalist desserts don’t come up that often on this site. I’m not sure why. Maybe because minimalist sweets aren’t as showy, aren’t as “oh, wow,” that I wonder if people will be interested. Well, the minimalism freeze is about the thaw out right now because I am in love with the design concept of Matt’s - The Chocolate Shop! The brown and navy packaging was created by design firm Tofu and features a graphic yet simple theme, while the shop’s interior is sparsely decorated with a clean, contemporary feel. But it’s not only Matt’s branding and style that is pared down to the bone. The menu itself is an effort in simplicity, focusing on one modest chocolate fudge cake. Actually, when the shop first opened in Singapore they only sold chocolate cake. I totally love the idea of a bakery selling only one item. They have added a few things to the menu since their opening in the summer of 2012, but the focus is still on the dark, not too sweet, chocolate cake, as it should be.

3 comments:

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

I wish I were more minimalist in life but I am not. But it doesn't mean that I can't appreciate it and these look great! :D

Rose said...

Mmmm! Such a good idea to focus on just one thing. My dream bakery would just sell swedish cinnamon buns :)

Mary - m.ade b.y m.ary said...

OMG, love the minimalistic design of that brand! I also love the minimalistic style, designs and brands but it's hard to make a cake minimalistic but yet appealing. have to try harder I guess..I can se that it's doable! Love the inspo, thanx!

//mary sweden

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...