6.28.2009

The Umbrellas of Santa barbara

I know what you're probably thinking, Erin, what the heck do umbrellas have to do with desserts?? I was thinking the same thing myself, wondering if there was anyway I could fit these awesome patio umbrellas by Santa Barbara Designs into the whole dessert theme. And then it hit me: I already feature various kitchenware, which is used in dessert making, and a patio is similar to a kitchen because you eat out there and there's a good chance you'd be eating ice cream or birthday cake or some other dessert and . . . and . . . well, that's the end of the argument, but I've completely convinced myself that it works with a dessert-themed Web site! Yeah, totally. Anyway, these umbrellas also sort of remind me of desserts. They're all frilly and girly and brightly-colored, just like cake! They would be perfect outside a bakery or a candy store . . . or in my backyard! Patio furniture is usually so dull and ugly, I was excited to see that there are some fun options out there that kick it up a notch! Click here to see the entire collection.

6 comments:

teri said...

loving the shape of the first one! and the color.

Carolyn Jung said...

I love these! So pretty and girl. OK, how big a dent in the wallet would one of these make? ;)

dessert girl said...

They don't list prices on their Web site because each umbrella is made to order, but I did a little research and it appears as if the average price is around $3,000. Bummer!

Heather said...

The second one is just super cool! The first is cute but I dont think i could get away with it on the deck! Great blog!

dessert girl said...

Thanks, Heather!

Anonymous said...

Ooh! Those are awesome! Spacify offers Patio Umbrellas
and more at reasonable prices

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...