6.18.2010

The Mixing Bowl: Rhubarb and Fruit Pie by Eleanor Grosch

I first came across the work of designer and illustrator Eleanor Grosch many, many years ago when she was simply PushMePullYou Design and had a little Web site where she sold her geometric animal prints and indie rock posters. Back then, Eleanor was one of my desktop favorites! I loved the strong lines and simplicity of her work and her illustrations were always in high rotation on my computer screen! One of my all-time faves! It was therefore only natural that I’d invite her to share a recipe with us here on The Mixing Bowl. I can't adequately express how excited I was when she actually agreed to the assignment and then sent along this amazingly simple recipe for Rhubarb and Fruit Pie! The cinnamon and rhubarb combination sounds delicious! I hope you'll give it a try!



Eleanor Grosch of PushMePullYou Design has worked for companies like Keds, Giro, and Urban Outfitters, as well as for musical acts like Wilco, Feist, and Death Cab for Cutie, among others. In addition, she also works as an interior design consultant and has a notecard series titled Flock that was released by Chronicle Books in 2008 (Yay, Chronicle).




If you love illustration like I do, be sure to check out Eleanor's Web site, right here. Thanks, Eleanor! You can find the complete recipe and more pics after the jump.


Rhubarb and Fruit Pie - makes 2 Pies

2 Pie Crusts (ready made!)
3 beaten eggs
1.25 cups sugar
1.5 cups strawberries chopped
1 cup nectarines chopped
1 tbsp butter
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon cloves
1 teaspoon allspice
.25 cup flour
2 cups chopped rhubarb

1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees
2. Combine eggs, sugar, flour, and spices in a bowl and mix them together
3. Mix fruits together with the eggs, sugar, flour, and spices.
4. Pour mix into pie crusts
5. Bake on 400 degrees for 45 mins.




6 comments:

Lorraine @NotQuiteNigella said...

What adorable illustrations! I admire anyone that can draw! *sigh*

Cathy said...

Great illustrations. I'm so glad that I discovered your site. When at a restaurant, I always look at the desserts first!

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Nice illustrations and lovely fruit pies!

Cheers,

Rosa

shaz said...

Awww, love all those illustrations. And the pies, yum!

Lisa said...

Love it! Your illustrations are beautiful.

dessert girl said...

Thanks, Cathy!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...