6.30.2010

Book-Cut Cake

I’m a big fan of both paper-cut artist Su Blackwell and cake designer Kate Sullivan, so I was really excited to hear that Kate had created a cake based on Su's book-cut sculptures! (See pic at the end of the post for an example of Su's work.) The cake was designed by Kate as a thank you to the staff at her son's school. Such a great idea for a school party and it turned out so well! Great job, Kate!


Click here to check out Kate's blog and here to visit her Web site.

10 comments:

Carolyn Jung said...

This is amazing looking! I tell ya, I would have a hard time taking a knife to a cake that looked this unique and spectacular. I'd want to preserve it under glass instead to stare at it for all time. ;)

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

OMG that is a cake? That is utterly, utterly brilliant! You find the best stuff! :o

Sarah Coggrave said...

What a fantastic idea!

shaz said...

Wow, that is simply stunning. Like Carolyn, I'm not sure I could cut that cake. It's so beautiful.

Katie Green said...

This is lovely. Only, I woudln't want to eat it...

Lisa said...

What an amazing work of art. Such technique. It's beautiful -- I would feel horrible cutting a slice out of this!

Tracie Nall said...

Amazing! I love every single thing about this!

esme said...

is that bottom one a cake too?? what?? that is beautiful. it takes 5 hours to make and two min to eat.

esme said...

oh no, it's not. silly me.

Stephanie said...

Wow. The details are exquisite.

stephanie@metropolitanmama.net

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...