6.24.2010

Edible Art: Lolli-Pop


I'm not a fan of labels, but I do love the concept behind this new photo book, Lolli-Pop, by Italian photographer Massimo Gammacurta in which he takes iconic symbols from companies like Nike, Channel, Izod, and MTV and turns them into lollipops. The project actually began as a limited-edition art experiment by Gammacurta and became so popular that he was able to develop into an entire book filled with his colorful edible logos. I love stories like that and I love the way that the suckers poke a little fun at corporations that most of the time take themselves much too seriously.



For more images from the book, you can visit Gammacurta's Web site, right here. You can also order Lolli-Pop via the publisher by clicking here.

7 comments:

Carolyn Jung said...

Those are sooooo cool! Also ingenius! A great way to market to businesses, especially when they are more likely to order a huge quantity.

Sarah Coggrave said...

Hehe I like these!

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella said...

Oh wow, I thought they were drawings at first they're so amazing! If I were from those brands I'd make a huge order! :P

Rosa's Yummy Yums said...

Neither am I a fan of labels, but those lollipops are great!

Cheers,

Rosa

Yviemarie said...

First Generation Loll iPop, coming to a confectioners near you! x

shaz said...

Those look amazing, and they're edible too? Sweet!

Megan @ FeastingonArt said...

Wow, so cool! I like the alligator the best.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...